Woohoo ! I'm so looking forward to going!
Despite having lived in Christchurch for six years now, somehow I've never quite made it to Armageddon Expoopens a new window, the annual celebration for pop culture geeks: always something else to do, somewhere to go, or something else to pay for... But this year it falls on my birthday, so I am going instead of just dropping off the teenagers.
But to get the best out of it, I need to do my homework. So :-
- Where? When? How much? Programme? The Armageddon websiteopens a new window has all the info
- Watch Star Trek: The Next Generationopens a new window DVDs as Marina Sirtis will be there, and I loved her character Deanna Troi
- Also need to watch Stargateopens a new window again, three guests are from that series, and I only ever saw a few episodes when it was on TV (raising children is hazardous to your TV viewing!)
- Re-read Diana Gabaldon's Outlanderopens a new window. When I first read it, was one of those "un-put-down-able books" that I stayed up all night reading
- Find out if any TV/Movie producers will be going, and aim to convince her/him that Scott Westerfield's Leviathanopens a new window would make the most AMAZING film! Could have it's technical challenges, of course, but I'm sure Weta Workshops would be up for the job!
- Then there's the people watching - if previous photosopens a new window are anything to go by, I think I'll need to load up my tablet so I know who some of the cosplay charactersopens a new window are
- Costume! Eek! What will I wear? Not very good at sewingopens a new window, so hopefully I love paper: paper-cutting Techniques and Templates for Amazing Toys, Sculptures, Props, and Costumesopens a new window will do the trick
- And finally, dust off the credit card, ready to go s-h-o-p-p-i-n-g
Phew! Sorted! How about you? Are you going to Armageddon Christchurchopens a new window this weekend?