This week is an exciting one for Lyttelton Library and our customers, with our fabulous Stories after Dark with Lindsey on Thursday night, and the awesome Lyttelton Harbour Festival of Lights on the evening of Friday 29 June.
Lyttelton Library’s Stories after Dark starts at 6.30pm on Thursday 28 June – head down to the library and join us for stories, songs and rhymes followed by crafts and hot chocolate. We will entertain your 4-7 year olds, and the whole family is welcome. Come along in your PJs and bring Teddy too!
Friday 29 June is the night for the annual, spectacular Lyttelton Festival of Lights! Lyttelton Library will be closed as usual, but we’ll be doing our bit with several lightshows in our own space, and projected onto neighbouring buildings. Come through the tunnel for fabulous food vendors, lively musical entertainment, the Lyttelton Primary School parade, and the Lyttelton Port of Christchurch fireworks display at 8pm!
Parking in Lyttelton is extremely limited, especially with the extensive roadworks going on at the moment. For a parking-stress-free evening, check out the festival park and ride information (scroll down to Public Transport Information).
Find out more
- Lyttelton Harbour Festival of Lights website
- Lyttelton Harbour Festival of Lights Facebook
- Festival casts bright light on Lyttelton Newsline
The following resources are helpful for Lyttelton visitors and locals:
- Information on Lyttelton Library.
- CINCH listings for Lyttelton — Lyttelton organisations listed in our Community information directory.
- See images of early Lyttelton in our heritage photo collection.
- Read books about Lyttelton.