The International Day of Older Persons (1 October) is just round the corner, which means that it's almost time for the yearly Positive Ageing Expo.
The Expo will take place on Monday 28 September, from 9.30am to 2.30pm. As in past years, the Expo will be held at Papanui High School, and promises to be a fun day combining information about services for older adults with free entertainment.
Exhibitors will include:
- health and wellbeing organisations, including the Canterbury DHB and Pegasus Health;
- non-government organisations;
- banks and Government organisations;
- community organisations and trusts;
- rest homes and retirement villages;
- law services;
- emergency services;
- service clubs.
And of course staff from various units of the Christchurch City Council will also be there. Make sure to pop in to visit our mobile library van which will be parked onsite. We look forward to saying hello and to chatting about the many ways in which we can help you enjoy our vast selection of print, audio and online resources.
See you there!
- Check out our page on services for older people and lifelong learning
- Like Age Concern Canterbury on Facebook