Christchurch City Libraries can help you explore new learning opportunities. Our librarians can offer assistance and show you key resources and our libraries provide spaces for you to access computers and study.
Find a course to suit you
The best way to find a course to suit you in the Christchurch region is to search community information directory CINCH. You’ll find lots of information about Continuing Education opportunities from tertiary institutions and local community education providers.
Major tertiary education providers in Christchurch are:
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology
- University of Canterbury
- Lincoln University
- More Tertiary study web sites
Community education providers include:
- Canterbury Workers’ Educational Association
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology short cources
- Christchurch City Libraries Learning Centres
- University of the Third Age (U3A)
- High schools which still have community classes include Cashmere High School, Hagley Community College, and Papanui High School. Shirley Boys High, Christchurch Girls High and Riccarton High School offer courses through Risingholme.
Our Learning Centres provide excellent facilities including meeting rooms, computer labs with webcams, and data projectors. These centres provide programmes for adults including family history help, tech tasters and computers and coffee. Come and learn and play. All our libraries have free computers and most have spaces for study.
- Adult literacy resources
- Get started in creative writing
- Music learn an instrument, find courses
- Learning Centres
- Study skills and Learning
- Learn a language online with Mango Languages
Looking for help with your study?
- Study guides and strategies
- Multilingual site offering practical advice on writing basics, how to maximise learning, project skills preparing for tests and more.