Food safety is crucial at all times, but especially so in warmer weather, as bacteria thrive in a warm environment. This page outlines useful library resources to help you to protect your food and yourself.
Search our catalogue
Outdoor eating resources
- Outdoor eating
- Ideas and advice on preparing outdoor meals.
Food safety websites
- Food safety
- Tips to help you avoid getting sick from eating food. Includes recalled food, and food that you've caught yourself. From the Ministry for Primary Industries.
- Overview of Food Poisoning
- A patient guide from Family Doctor.
- Food sector Hazard data sheets
- Hazard data sheets for microorganisms and chemicals help control food-borne illness and support food safety procedures within the industry. From Foodsafety.govt.nz
Food safety practices in preparing and cooking a hangi [1.67 MB PDF]
He whakatairanga i nga ahuatanga mahi mo tunu hangi
- From the Ministry for Primary Industries website
- Food safety standards fact sheets
- PDF guides to food safety practices from Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ).