Search these full text e-Resources and evaluated web sites for descriptions of medicines and treatments, their uses and side effects, interactions with other drugs and descriptions of how some medicines work in the body.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Surgery and Medical Tests
- Written especially for patients and healthcare students by experts in the field, the Gale Encyclopedia of Surgery and provides in-depth coverage of surgical procedures, medical tests and related topics, such as anesthetics, common lab test and procedures, medications and postoperative care.
Use at a library or enter your library card and password / PIN.
- Procedures and Therapies @ MedlinePlus
- Descriptions of medical procedures and therapies. Contains links to evaluated health information on the Internet, run by the National Library of Medicine (U.S.A.).
- MedlinePlus Health Topics
- Most disorder and condition entries in this site contain a section on treatment.
- Contains consumer information sheets on New Zealand’s prescription medicines - the same as those you would find inside packets of medicine.
- Health Navigator New Zealand
- Contains medical information including descriptions on over-the-counter medicines available in New Zealand - the same as those you would find inside packets of medicine. Search by brand name, or by symptom. Also contains information on the interactions of herbal and dietary supplements with types of medicines.
- MedlinePlus Drug Information
- Contains comprehensive overviews of prescription and over-the-counter medicines provided via the National Library of Medicine (U.S.A).