- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Search for comprehensive overviews of medical conditions and explanations and illustrations of surgical procedures. Overviews of conditions generally include: definitions, descriptions, causes & symptoms, diagnoses, treatments, alternative treatments, prognosis and prevention. Use at a library or enter your library card and password / PIN.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine
- Search for overviews of medical conditions. Most articles include: definition; description; causes & symptoms; diagnosis; treatment; alternative treatment; prognosis and prevention. Use at a library or enter your library card and password / PIN.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center
- Magazines, journals, newspapers, encyclopedias, definitions, directories, and information on health and health issues. Material contained in this Resource Center is intended for informational purposes only. Use at a library or enter your library card and password / PIN.
- Search for extensive information on diseases and conditions, prescription and non-prescription drugs and health news. This is an excellent site linking you to evaluated health information, run by the National Library of Medicine (U.S.A).
- Written for New Zealanders, Everybody provides fact-sheets on health topics, diseases and conditions. Articles are written by medical writers and reviewed by consumer health organisations and health professionals. Contains listings of support groups and an over-the-counter medicines guide.
- Oxford Reference Medical Dictionaries
- Includes the Concise Medical Dictionary, A Dictionary of Nursing & A Dictionary of Psychology - all from Oxford University Press. Use at a library or enter your library card and password / PIN.
- Credo Reference Medical Dictionaries
- Includes the Dictionary of Medicine, Collins Dictionary of Medicine and the Churchill Livingstone's Dictionary of Nursing. Use at a library or enter your library card and password / PIN.