Links to online resources and websites suitable for children about Matariki, Māori New Year.
- Any Questions - Matariki Homework help and resources for kids years 5-8 from Any Questions.
- Matariki classroom resources Resources from from Te Papa for teachers that includes things to make, Matariki words to learn and activities for kids.
- Matariki crowd-sourced resource A crowd sourced Google doc linking to a range of useful Matariki resources.
- Matariki - Māori New Year Includes audio and video resources. From Te Ara, The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
- A Matariki story Watch an animated story about the stars of Matariki. In te reo Māori with English subtitles.
- Matariki waiata Listen to a song about Matariki. Includes video and lyrics. From Te Papa
- Picture of Matariki (Pleiades) From the NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day archive
- The Seven Stars of Matariki Watch author Toni Rolleston-Cummins read her book The Seven Stars of Matariki at Wellington City Libraries. Te Kahumatamomoe Taumata reads the reo Māori version, Te Huihui o Matariki.
- Te Whata Raki Explore online with your guide, Whetumarama. Learn about some traditional stories, told through waiata, pictures and other web resources before trying out the quiz.
- wickED Matariki Find Matariki in the night sky and explore a traditional Māori kāinga.
Matariki art and craft
- Matariki activity book Christchurch City Libraries [5MB PDF]
- Matariki activity book/Matariki pukapuka mahi From Te Papa (suitable for ages 5-10)
- Matariki colouring-in and activities
- Matariki colouring-in sheets from Auahi Kore/Smokefree
- Matariki crafts for kids From Kiwifamilies.co.nz.
- Te Iwa o Matariki colouring book Te Wānanga o Aotearoa