Upper Riccarton Library is a shared community and school library operated by Christchurch City Libraries in collaboration with Riccarton High School.
- Services available at all Christchurch City Libraries
- Book a librarian one on one sessions
- Baby changing table, microwave, adult/ feeding chair
- Children’ Stories to Go
- World Languages Collection
- Purchase and top up Metrocards
- Artworks on display: Knowledge
- Learning Centre
- Events at Upper Riccarton library
- View photos of the library on Flickr
Computing and technology
- Printing and photocopying
- Scan to USB
- Free wireless internet access
- 13 public computers with free internet access (12 available for 60 minute sessions, 1 available for 15 minute sessions)
- 30 PCs in the computer lab available to the public from 5pm - 8pm (Monday to Friday) and all opening hours on Saturday and Sunday unless there are community/learning programme bookings for the lab
- 1 designated PressReader computer (no time limit)
- 2 children’s computers
- Family History computer (available for 60 minute sessions)
Community Meeting Room
- Available for hire.
- Free for non-profit groups, $15.30 per hour for profit groups or for groups charging for attendance.
- To book, phone 941-7923 (Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm; Saturday and Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm).
- Capacity: 40 people, datashow projector installed, electronic whiteboard, tables and chairs available, no kitchen facilities, however a water cooler is available.
Monday to Friday: 9am - 5 pm
Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Sundays: 11am - 3pm
Phone: 03 343 4608
Te Kete Wānanga o Pūtaringamotu
Development & Opening
Planning documents and photo galleries of the construction, opening etc have been moved to our Bibliofile archive.