Today Victoria Square has reopened. It has been closed for a year, having a revamp and repairs.
- New pieces of art have been added including Ngā Whāriki Manaaki - Woven mats of welcome, and a Literary Trail (series of text sculptures).
- The Bowker Fountain will be working again and will put on a water and light display.
- A concrete and brass Kanakana table by the river.
Here's what Victoria Square looked like this morning:
Find out more about Victoria Square
- Our page on Victoria Square.
- Central City's crowning glory re-opens Newsline, 9 March 2018
- Search our catalogue for photos of Victoria Square and Market Square,
- View photos of Victoria Square on our Flickr site.
- Find more images on DigitalNZ, including this set Market Square / Victoria Square.
- Information on Victoria Square from Ōtākaro Limited (included a factsheet on the restoration)
- Victoria Square to reopen this week after $7.6 million revamp Michael Hayward, The Press, 5 March 2018