Whether you're religious or not, churches are often very pleasing spaces, and well suited for musical performance.
Now in its eighth incarnation, The Church Tour has become something of an institution as each year a different set of talented Kiwi musicians and songwriters perform acoustic sets in a selection of houses of worship up and down New Zealand.
This year the combined powers, voices and songs of Sharon O'Neill, Shona Laing, Debbie Harwood and Hammond Gamble will fill our churches with the sounds of new material and Kiwi classics as you've never heard them before.
There will be two Christchurch shows this tour, the first in St Michaels & All Angels on Friday 30 September and a second concert at the Transitional Cathedral on Saturday 1 October. In either venue it looks to be a great night out for music lovers.
Tickets are on sale from www.ticketmaster.co.nz
One double pass up for grabs
We have one double pass to give away to the first Church Tour date here in Christchurch on Friday 30 September at St Michael's & All Angels. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org subject line "The Church Tour" and tell us your name and your favourite song by Sharon O'Neill, Shona Laing, Debbie Harwood or Hammond Gamble. Entries close Wednesday 21 September at 6pm.
Terms and conditions
- A winner will be selected by random draw.
- If you are a winner, you consent to your name and photograph being used for reasonable publicity purposes by Christchurch City Libraries.
- Staff of Christchurch City Libraries and their immediate families are not able to enter.
- The competition ends on Wednesday 21 September at 6pm.
- We will notify the winner by telephone and/or email on Friday 23 September.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are as stated and are not transferable.