- OverDrive for kids
- Free eBook and downloadable eAudiobook collection containing thousands of fiction and nonfiction titles for children.
- Includes downloadable MP3 fiction and nonfiction eAudiobooks for young adults and children.
- Busy things
- Colourful, quirky and fun games and activities designed to entertain and educate 3 to 11 year olds.
- Literacy Planet
- Lets you create characters, earn rewards, play games and compete with others while improving your reading and spelling skills.
- RDdigital Magazines
- eMagazines include titles suitable for kids such as High Five, Mania, National Geographic Kids, National Geographic Little Kids, Krash and Scoop.
- TumbleBook Library
- Fun animated children’s stories, games, quizzes and puzzles. TumbleBooks are online, animated, picture books which you can read, or have read to you.
- World Book Activity Corner
- Access to thousands of engaging projects suitable for a broad spectrum of hobbyists - from beginner to expert. All activities have clear instructions, photographs and illustrations.
Homework and study
Gale Interactive: Science makes science come alive - interactive 3-D models and authoritative, digital content help students experience science, not just study it.
Learn about the world around us with National Geographic Kids magazine online. Download pictures to use in assignments plus maps and other engaging features.
World Book Early World of Learning is an interactive learning resource developed by early childhood education experts for preschoolers and children in early primary school. Reading books at different levels with related content including games and videos.
View our full list of the eResources for kids:
Want more help?
If you don’t have a password/PIN for your card, or need help using our eResources, contact our helpful librarians.
Go to our homework resources page to get more useful stuff for your homework and assignments and check out the full list of eResources.
LiveOnline is an interactive chat session with a librarian live over the Internet. Get answers to your questions, get help using eResources and more.
LiveOnline operates from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 9.30am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday.
Online homework help
AnyQuestions offers free online homework help to New Zealand school students. Log in from 1pm to 6pm weekdays during the school year to chat online with a librarian about a schoolwork question.