Busy Things includes hundreds of games and activities that vary according to the age of the child involved. These include:
- For younger kids: English, Maths, Art and Music, Exploring the World and "Just for Fun";
- For older kids: English, Science, Digital Tools, Design and Technology, Geography, History, Music and Religion.
This all sounds rather like hard work, but you learn as you play! You can:
- Paint a dinosaur, snowflake or fireworks display;
- Create a solar system;
- Devise a poster for a lost pet;
- Play number and shape games;
- Make music;
- Practise your mouse skills by saving a cow or tracing letters of the alphabet;
- Invent a World War II poster;
- Undertake a survey of eye colors and make a graph and so much more....
These games are designed to entertain as well as educate with Busy Things winning a BETT (British Educational Training and Technology Show) award with its content. It aims to provide activities that give as much emphasis to nurturing creative development – as to providing the more formal requirements of early learning.