Here are seven simple ideas for honouring Waitangi Day, New Zealand’s national day.
- Go to a Waitangi Day ceremony or event.
- Start tracing your whakapapa or family history.
- Take the family along to your local library or museum to find out more about New Zealand’s history.
- Read the Treaty of Waitangi and our comprehensive reference guide to the Treaty.
- Explore New Zealand’s history.
We recommend Claudia Orange, Michael King and James Belich.
- Read our Waitangi Day feature on the history of the day.
- Discover more about Waitangi, the place.