Resources to help you learn about Drama
- Find Drama study guides in the library catalogue
- Find titles about acting in the library catalogue
- Find titles about stage acting and production in the library catalogue
Drama web resources
- Court Theatre education programmes
- Outlines opportunities for learning at the Court Theatre, Christchurch's professional theatre, including drama classes and work experience. They also have a number of resource kits for curriculum plays.
- Drama glossary
- Terms used in the New Zealand drama curriculum.
- Excel School of Performing Arts
- EXCEL is a Christian-based school that offers a holistic approach to education and a supportive whanau type environment.
- Bachelor of Performing Arts (Music Theatre)
- Musical and theatre tuition based at Ara Institute of Canterbury.
- Shakespeare Resource Center: Plays
- Complete works of Shakespeare on line. Has some commentary and other information.
- Shakespearean Glossary
- This glossary offers a taste of the vast vocabulary of Shakespeare.
- Shakespeare's Globe
- Educational interactive resources from Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London.
- Sheilah Winn Shakespeare Festivals
- Annual event that involves more than half the secondary schools in the country. During the Regional Festival, students engage with Shakespeare's plays by performing 5-minute and 15-minute excerpts from them with schools in their area.
- Sparknotes Drama
- For information on selected dramas, SparkNotes provides plot overview, characters, character analysis, themes, motifs and symbols. Membership is free.
- Stage Challenge
- Part of the Global Rock Challenge - a global effort to encourage young people to make the best choices they can. The concept was introduced into New Zealand in 1993 and travels nationwide.
- Young and Hungry theatre festival
- Festival where three back-to-back plays are staged in Wellington and Auckland at the same time. The commissioned plays reflect New Zealand youth culture