Resources to help you learn te reo Māori.
- Find te reo Māori courses in the library catalogue
- Find te reo Māori dictionaries in the library catalogue
- Find te reo Māori phrase books in the library catalogue
- Beginner’s kete to learning basic Māori language
- Learn the basics of the Māori language. A printable version is available for download.
- Ngā Rerenga Kōrero o te Wiki
- Learn a new te reo Māori phrase every week with our te rerenga kōrero o te wiki blog posts.
- Reading in te reo Māori
- Book lists for reading material in te reo Māori and other Māori language resources.
- Tī Kōuka Whenua
- Local Māori history: Christchurch, Canterbury and Banks Peninsula, with information about Māori placenames.
Te Reo Māori web resources
- Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
- Photographs, sounds, moving images, documents, graphs and maps are combined with text in Te Ara - an online encyclopedia of New Zealand. Can be viewed in te reo Māori version.
- Te taura whiri i te reo Māori - The Māori Language Commission
- Promotes the use of Māori as a living language. Resources and information about te reo Māori. Bilingual site.
- Ngata Dictionary
- Māori/English and English/Māori dictionary from Learning Media
- Māori Dictionary Online
- Te Aka Māori-English, English-Māori Dictionary and Index.
- Tōku Reo
- Watch episodes online of the language learning show as screened on Māori Television.