- Thickly mulch your garden.
- Plant dry-tolerant plants in dry areas of your garden.
- Keep a bucket under your kitchen tap to collect all your waste water from rinsing crockery etc and hand washing. As long as you empty it often it's not a health hazard. I find it's great for watering container plants and seedlings.
- Water in the cool parts of the day: morning and evening.
- Hand watering uses less water than forgotten sprinkler watering, or buy a timer.
- Bury water bottles/buckets with holes in the bottom next to thirsty plants. Fill them with water and walk away.
- Don't mow too low.
The council has some more water conservation tips and you can share your tips with others in the comments below.