Christchurch City Libraries lists literary prize winners and links to catalogue searches, but we may not hold copies of all titles mentioned.
2010 was the inaugural year of the Ngaio Marsh Award for Best Crime Novel.
In 2016, the Ngaio Marsh Award for Best First Novel was awarded.
2017 is the first year of the Ngaio Marsh Award for Best Non Fiction. It is a biennial award, and will be next awarded in 2019.
The finalists for the 2019 Ngaios (across the Best Novel, Best First Novel, and Best Non-Fiction categories) were announced on 2 August, with the authors celebrated and the winners revealed at a special WORD Christchurch event on 14 September.
See more literary prize winners.
- The short life and mysterious death of Jane Furlong Kelly Dennett Winner
- The great New Zealand robbery Scott Bainbridge
- Behind bars Anna Leask
- The cause of death Cynric Temple-Camp
- In Dark Places Michael Bennett (Paul Little Books) Winner
- Double-Edged Sword Simonne Butler with Andra Jenkin (Mary Egan)
- The Scene of the Crime Steve Braunias (HarperCollins)
- The Many Deaths of Mary Dobie David Hastings (AUP)
- Block buster! Fergus Hume and the mystery of a hansom cab Lucy Sussex (Text Publishing)