The Festival of Adult Learning Ahurei Ākonga will take place from Monday 4 September to Sunday 10 September 2023. The Festival (formerly Adult Learners' Week/He Tangata Mātauranga) is a UNESCO initiative supported by the Tertiary Education Commission, and by adult and community education providers. It incorporates International Literacy Day on 8 September each year.
So Many Stories - September 2023
In the September 2023 episode of So Many Stories, Community Librarian Wendy Blair sat down with Ako Aotearoa Sector Services Manager Jennifer Leahy to discuss The Festival of Adult Learning | Ahurei Ākonga.
3MB, 3 minutes 18 seconds
Learn at your library
Whatever you would like to learn, your library is a great place to start:
- Find education providers and groups in our community directory CINCH;
- Research using free access to computers and the internet;
- Browse our lifelong learning page;
- Improve your library and online service knowledge with our key skills page;
- Discover the full range of library services;
- Explore a world of knowledge at your fingertips through our eResources collection of encyclopedias, magazines, newspapers and other reference sources.
Courses at libraries
Check Community Connections for adults for the latest information.
We had 5 students from Skillwise receive awards at this year’s Festival of Adult Learning Awards Ceremony. Skillwise have been attending classes here at the South Learning Centre for many years. The students that come from Skillwise are young adults/adults with varying learning disabilities. They come to the Learning Centre each term and each term we cover different topics. So far this year we’ve done Cyber Safety, Sustainability and Photography. This term the class has been working toward content for the end of year calendar project. Our topic for next term is Papertronics. (Tai Sila, Libraries Learning Specialist)