Our physical libraries may be closed, but we have plenty of resources you can access from home.
Our amazing Fingertip Library team are available to help you, 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 9.30am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday. You can call us on 03 941 7923 or use our LiveOnline chat service.
Need tech help? iPad, Computer, Mobile Phone and more
We have some great self-help online resources
You will need your library card number and a pin/password to log in (don't have a pin/password? no problem, call 03 941 7923 and our Fingertip Library team can add one for you)
- Explore eResources
- Lynda.com provides its users with over 6,300 courses and 267,000 tutorials. New courses are added each month in recognition of the speed of technical change in the current environment. Users of any skill level can take on bite-size tutorials for immediate problem solving or comprehensive courses on hundreds of topics.
- Recommended eBooks that you can download from home. Find out more eBooks and how to download to your device. Need some help? give us a call 03 941 7923.
- We have some helpful downloadable PDFs including getting to know your iPad and How to use Gmail.
Would you like some more help?
Use our Ask a librarian service for a free 30 minute session
Call us 03 941 7923 or fill in the online form and one of our specialists will contact you.
Head over to our Rangatahi - Teens page where you will discover some fun and useful resources. View our homework and study eResources or download a graphic novel. You will need your library card and password/pin to access our eResources, ring our friendly team if you need to add one to your card 03 941 7923.
We have heaps of online resources to keep the kids entertained
Our physical Holiday Programmes may have been cancelled. But we have loaded some fantastic resources to the page for fun at home. Make some Autumn crafts, take part in our Ngā Whāinga - Challenges, or join our very own New Zealand Natives Minecraft world!
You will find some awesome homework resources here. Or why not try one of our many eResources and activities. You will need your library card and a password/pin to access our eResources, ring our friendly team if you need to add one to your card 03 941 7923.
Mā te kimi ka kite, mā te kite ka mōhio, mā te mōhio ka mārama!
Seek and discover, discover and know, know and become enlightened!
The Library Learning Centres promote programmes to enable our communities to connect, learn and create - providing opportunities for all.
Our programmes provide individuals, groups and schools access to and support of digital technologies to continue lifelong learning with a focus on fun and creativity. Learning Centre programmes can include iPad classes, robotics, film School and 3D design and printing.
Find out more about the Learning Centres
- New Brighton Learning Centre
- South Learning Centre
- The Learning Centre at Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre
- Upper Riccarton Learning Centre
Who can use the Learning Centres?
- Christchurch residents of any age — view the Community programmes
- Schools and their students - view the Specialised Schools Programme
Learning Centres run a variety of programmes throughout the year. Bookings are required. Phone: 941-7923.
A Learning Centre Consent Form is required to be completed by the child and a parent/caregiver for all learning centre after school and holiday programmes. Please ensure this is completed when you call in to pay the course fees or drop your child off for the programme.
In order to continually improve our service and the programmes that we offer, your evaluation of the sessions that you have recently attended is invaluable to us. Please complete our online form to provide us with feedback.