Mā te kimi ka kite, mā te kite ka mōhio, mā te mōhio ka mārama!
Seek and discover, discover and know, know and become enlightened!
The Library Learning Centres promote programmes to enable our communities to connect, learn and create - providing opportunities for all.
Our programmes provide individuals, groups and schools access to and support of digital technologies to continue lifelong learning with a focus on fun and creativity.
We are now using online booking platform Humanitix for all of our bookable programmes.
- Payment via debit or credit card is required at the time of booking.
- Paid programmes incur a booking fee. The entire fee is passed on to charity, find out more about the impact this has on our community. Refunds are available for cancellations made 48 hours prior to the programme starting.
- Consent Form: We require a consent form to be completed for every child attending our programmes. A link can be found at the time of purchase in ticketing information and will also be sent via the confirmation email. (Please not: we only required one form per child, per calendar year)
- Waitlist: A limited waitlist will be available for the current programme only. e.g. South Minecraft Club - 6-13 years in Term 1 = a customer on the waitlist, will be offered a place on this programme and term only. If a cancellation is received. We will no longer be offering a waitlist for a place on the following term. Customers will need to make a booking each term as they are released.
Ticket release dates and times
- Term 1: 1 February to 16 April - Friday 8 January
- Term 1: Holidays (17 April to 2 May) - Thursday 25 March
- Term 2: 3 May to 9 July - Thursday 8 April
- Term 2: Holidays (10 July to 25 July) - To be confirmed (KidsFest)
- Term 3: 26 July to 1 October - Thursday 1 July
- Term 3: Holidays (2 October to 17 October) - Thursday 2 September
- Term 4 :18 October to 20 December - Thursday 23 September
Find out more about the Learning Centres
- New Brighton Learning Centre
- South Learning Centre
- The Learning Centre at Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre
- Upper Riccarton Learning Centre
Who can use the Learning Centres?
- Christchurch residents of any age — view the Community programmes
- Schools and their students - view the Specialised Schools Programme
Learning Centres run a variety of programmes throughout the year. Bookings are required. Phone: 941-7923.
A Learning Centre Consent Form is required to be completed by the child and a parent/caregiver for all learning centre after school and holiday programmes. Please ensure this is completed when you call in to pay the course fees or drop your child off for the programme.
Terms of student participation (safety guidelines)
Each student participating in a Christchurch City Libraries Programme must:
- Show courtesy and consideration to others
- Follow the rules and instructions of the person in charge
- Follow these Digital Safety Rules:
- Only look up or search for things on the Internet that are for students.
- Report any inappropriate use of the internet and communication technologies by other students.
- Treat any equipment used with respect and report any damage to equipment to the tutor or Library staff.
- Any digital equipment or technology used by the student that belongs to the Christchurch City Libraries, but is used outside of the Libraries and their immediate environment, is subject to these guidelines.
(NB. Please note that continual breaking of this contract may lead to a student being removed from the course and possibly being banned from future programmes.)
In order to continually improve our service and the programmes that we offer, your evaluation of the sessions that you have recently attended is invaluable to us. Please complete our online form to provide us with feedback.