Christchurch City Libraries blog hosts a series of regular podcasts from New Zealand's only specialist human rights radio show Speak up - Kōrerotia. This show is created by Sally Carlton.
The latest episode deals with Disability rights and the NZ Disability Strategy and covers topics such as:
- New Zealand Disability Strategy 2001 and 2016
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Social model of disability
- Enabling people with disabilities
- Types of disability
This show includes an introductory interview with Nicky Wagner, Minister for Disability Issues, followed by discussion with Megan of the New Zealand Office for Disability Issues, Gary and Robbie from the NZDS Reference Group (in Wellington) and Sally and Shane from People First New Zealand (in Christchurch).
Find out more in our collection
- Find titles about People with disabilities
- Streaming video about People with disabilities
- Find articles about disability rights (access with your library card & password / PIN)
- Find articles about New Zealand Disability Strategy (access with your library card & password / PIN)