Kia ora. I am the Kaiwhakaraupapa Hōtaka [Editor] of the Digital Library Web Team. I like all shades of books - chunky literary novels (oh hai The Luminaries, IQ84 and The Goldfinch), biographies, comics, and slim tomes about history. Am particularly interested in art, fashion, history, and radioactivity.
This year, I'm trying to keep a record of my life in books Word up - 2018 in books and it will show what I get out of the library, the books that actually got read, second hand or new books bought, etcetera.
Reading and watching
- The Story of The Face: The magazine that changed culture by Paul Gorman
- Street art Lonely Planet (includes Christchurch)
- My Brother's Husband by Gengoroh Tagame
- The Next Step (dancers), The Last Man on Earth, The Good Place, Project Runway Allstars, America's Next Top Model (with Tyra back at the helm)
- eMagazines on RBdigital Magazines (it has all my faves - British Vogue, Q, Mojo ...)
Looking forward to ...
- 2018: the list
- Best reads of 2017
- My selection of best NZ book covers
- Music Memoirs by women who rock
- Autobiographical comics
- More of my booklists.
Spotify's Discover Weekly, 8K online radio, RDU98.5FM and National Radio. Listening - and occasionally watching - John Campbell on Checkpoint RNZ. Mediawatch is a must listen, and often listen to Kim Hill on Saturday and Wallace Chapman on Sunday.
TV and movies: Excalibur, Sapphire and Steel, Curb your Enthusiasm
Art and music: Nick Cave, Belle and Sebastian, the Pre-Raphaelites, Vivienne Westwood
Writers and poets: Dan Rhodes, Magnus Mills, Sylvia Smith, John Donne