Kia ora. I am the Kaiwhakaraupapa Hōtaka [Editor] of the Digital Library Web Team. I like all shades of books - chunky literary novels (oh hai The Luminaries, IQ84 and The Goldfinch), biographies, comics, and slim tomes about history. Am particularly interested in art, fashion, history, and radioactivity.
Reading and watching
- Fiona Farrell's Decline and Fall on Savage Street
- My new favourite Instagram is Paper of the past - pics of old scrapbooks
- New season of Preacher
- Mediawatch on RNZ
- eMagazines on RBdigital Magazines (it has all my faves - British Vogue, Q, Mojo ...)
Hanging out for:
Zinefest. I went to one of their pre-fest workshops, and made my first zine!
— ChChCityLibraries (@ChristchurchLib) August 10, 2017
- Somewhere in Time - time travel faves
- New Zealand's best book covers of 2016
- Best reads of 2016
- Sound and vision faves of 2016
- Perfume, genius
- Music Memoirs by women who rock
- Autobiographical comics
- More of my booklists.
Spotify's Discover Weekly, 8K online radio, RDU98.5FM and National Radio. Listening - and occasionally watching - John Campbell on Checkpoint RNZ. Mediawatch is a must listen, and often listen to Kim Hill on Saturday and Wallace Chapman on Sunday.#showusyourstacks Tweets
TV and movies: Excalibur, Sapphire and Steel, Curb your Enthusiasm
Art and music: Nick Cave, Belle and Sebastian, the Pre-Raphaelites, Vivienne Westwood
Writers and poets: Dan Rhodes, Magnus Mills, Sylvia Smith, John Donne