Explore the world of poetry with lyrical library resources.
This page connects you with poetry-related resources and organisations. Find poetry in our collection, poetry events, and resources on how to write and get it published.
Find poetry in the catalogue
New Zealand poets
Blog posts and interviews of New Zealand poets
Poetry groups and events in Canterbury
- Catalyst is a literary journal that publishes poetry, prose, fiction, experimental works, song lyrics, script/screenplay excerpts, as well as visual art and spoken word. It is produced by Neoismist Press in Lyttelton. It runs a ‘Poetry Open Mic’ every month.
Find out more about Catalyst
Like Catalyst on Facebook
- Christchurch poetry events
- Listing from the New Zealand Poetry Society of Christchurch poetry events.
- Poetica: The Ōtautahi-Christchurch Poetry Project
- Poetica: The Christchurch Urban Poetry Project aims to bring poetry to the streets of Ōtautahi via visual art, installations, and public performance.
- Poetry groups in Christchurch & Canterbury
- Groups in Christchurch who get together to study, write and perform poetry. From CINCH.
- Takahē Magazine
- Magazine that appears three times a year and publishes short stories, poetry and art by established and emerging writers and artists, as well as essays and interviews (by invitation), and book reviews in these related areas.
Like Takahē Magazine on Facebook.
- New Zealand Electronic Poetry Centre
- Electronic gateway to poetry resources in Aotearoa/New Zealand and the Pacific region. Based at the University of Auckland, it aims to coordinate existing archival and publishing information, and to present some full-text electronic publication of poetry and commentary in consultation with authors and their publishers.
- New Zealand Poetry Society
- Organisation advancing education by promoting, developing and supporting poetry and poets in New Zealand. Site includes links to New Zealand poetry journals, New Zealand and international writing resources, and an annual international poetry competition for both adults and young people.
- Poetry Archive
- Listen to contemporary poets reading their own work. Also included is a wealth of background material on each poet and some filmed interviews.
- Getting published
- Information from the New Zealand Poetry Society.