This page links to resources and materials for people who want to improve their writing or get material published.
Find writing information in our catalogue
Browse our latest literature titles.
- Creative writing
- Business writing
- Authorship - style manuals
- English language - style
- English language - grammar
- Manuscript preparation
- English language - glossaries, vocabularies etc.
- CINCH: authorship or creative writing
- Find courses and organisations in Canterbury.
- Hagley Writers’ Institute
- Writing courses, events and masterclasses. Based at Hagley Community College.
- Writing courses
- Courses and workshops around New Zealand from the New Zealand Book Council.
- International Institute of Modern Letters / Te Pūtahi Tuhi Auaha o te Ao
- Victoria University, Wellington.
- Whitireia Polytechnic
- Offers several writing and publishing courses.
- How to get published
- Tips for writers from the New Zealand Book Council.
- Marketing books in New Zealand
- Search our catalogue for information on the marketing of books.
- Submission guidelines from the New Zealand Poetry Society.
- Writing and illustrating for children
- New Zealand publishers’ requirements and addresses.
Writing competitions and prizes
- Writing competitions for teens
- Our collection of selected websites for online publishing for teenagers.
- Writing prizes
- Awards for essays and/or unpublished works from our Literary Prizes section.
Writing for the web
Search our catalogue
- New Zealand writer Rachel McAlpine runs online writing courses. The website features a blog and a list of articles about writing web content.
- New Zealand Government Web Toolkit
- Official standards, guidance, tips and strategic advice on writing for the web.
- New Zealand organisation which promotes and awards plain English standards of writing.