Located on Auahatanga | Creativity, Level 4 of Tūranga, the Audio/Video Studio is a place to shoot and edit video, record and edit sound, and to compose, record, and mix sound recordings.
No food or drink is allowed in the studio except for closed drink bottles.
Bookings are not required for the Audio/Video Studio but are recommended if you want to guarantee a timeslot. Depending on availability, the studio can be booked in 30 minute blocks up to 3 hours with a maximum of 18 hours per person per month.
First time users need to allow for a 15-minute orientation at the beginning of the session.
See our bookable spaces and meeting rooms page for booking and pricing information.
There are also open studio times across the week where you can pop in and try out the studio equipment. Classes also run throughout the year.
Blog posts from the AV Studio
Studio equipment and instruments
The studio features a control room and live room for audio and video recording. There are four iMac workstations in the studio itself, with relevant hardware and software.
- See full list of Audio/Video Studio software
- 4x 27” Retina 5K iMac (Intel i5 3.4GHz, 16GB Ram, 1TB Storage)
- Behringer X32 Producer Digital Mixing desk
- Ableton Push 2 MIDI Controller
- Native instrument Maschine MK3
- Green Screen wall
- Audio software like Logic Pro X, Reaper and Ableton Live 10 intro
- Washburn Bass Guitar
- Takamine Acoustic Electric Guitar
- DG Centaur Hybrid Electro Acoustic Cajon - Percussion
- Boss RC202 Tablet top Loop Station
- Korg MS20 Mini
- Arturia Minibrute
- Roland FP30 88 Note Digital Piano
- Pioneer DDJSX3 DJ controller
- Presonus AudioBox iTwo iPad Recording Interface
- Set of Boomwhackers
- Find out what else is on Auahatanga | Creativity, Level 4
- Book studio time
- Find open studio sessions and classes in the event calendar.
- Full list of Audio/Video Studio software
Studio posts by Alex
- Interview with Ali Kouzehgari
- In the AV Studio: How to mix vocals
- In the AV Studio: Know your microphones
- In the AV Studio: Equalization techniques
Read more Studio posts by Alex.