Beca Heritage Week will run from 12 to 22 October 2018.
The theme is "Strength from Struggle – Remembering our courageous communities."
Information about 2017 Heritage Week
Christchurch Photo Hunt
During the month of October Christchurch City Libraries will run its annual heritage image photo competition, this year with the theme Plains, Port Hills & Peninsula – Finding our way.
Entries will be added to online digital repository, Kete Christchurch.
Library events during Beca Heritage Week
Lyttelton by Rail
In celebration of the opening of the Lyttelton Rail Tunnel 150 years ago, members of the public are invited to share their stories, memories and images of travelling on the Lyttelton to Christchurch passenger train. These memories will be collected and recorded in the Lyttelton Library by volunteers for the Lyttelton Museum. There will be an accompanying display of images and information about the Lyttelton Rail Tunnel at the Lyttelton Library. Find out more about Lyttelton by Rail and book talks about the new book Port to Plains: Over and Under the Port Hills, the story of the Lyttelton Railway Tunnel by David Welch.
Find out more about Christchurch heritage
- City and Architectural Heritage Guide from Christchurch City Council
- Christchurch Heritage on the Christchurch City Council website
Previous Heritage Week celebrations
- Heritage Week 2016 - Photo Hunt 2016
- Heritage Week 2015 - Photo hunt 2015
- Heritage Week 2014 - Photo hunt 2014
- Heritage Week 2013 - Photo hunt 2013
- Photo hunt 2012
- Heritage Week 2010 - Photo hunt 2010
- Heritage Week 2009
- Heritage Week 2008
- Heritage Week 2007 - interpretation panels
- Heritage week 2006
- Heritage week 2005