Access to the Lynda.com video library of courses and tutorials on software, technology, creative and business skills designed and taught by recognised industry experts.
Use with your library card and password / PIN.
Lynda.com provides its users with over 5,800 courses and 260,000 tutorials. New courses are added each month in recognition of the speed of technical change in the current environment. Users of any skill level can take on bite-size tutorials for immediate problem solving or comprehensive courses on hundreds of topics.
- Lynda.com support the following current browsers.
- Microsoft Edge
- Unfortunately, the Lynda.com Library product is not compatible with the Lynda.com app. You can use the following current mobile browsers
With Lynda.com you can:
- Watch videos that use screenshots, narration, live action, smart boards, charts, graphics, and audio;
- Create playlists that let you manage the list of courses you want to watch, and bookmarks that tag specific videos for reference;
- View each video in small chunks, so it’s easy to find quick answers to specific questions or watch an entire course from end to end;
- Read along with closed-captioned transcripts — or search the text to quickly find information within a course;
- Keep up to date with technology and gain multimedia, design, web development, and social media skills;
- Build career-boosting business know-how by exploring hundreds of topics in management, leadership, and marketing;
- Earn certificates of completion for each course viewed, and show potential employers what you’ve accomplished.
Lynda.com was founded in 1995 as online support for the books and classes of Lynda Weinman, a special effects animator and multimedia professor who founded a digital arts school. Since then it has spread World Wide and gained widespread recognition for top quality videos and expert teachers. All courses are shot at Lynda.com’s own production facility to ensure content is regularly updated to reflect any changes that may occur in a timely fashion that print cannot compete with.