Access online Oxford’s quality reference works in a single cross-searchable resource.
Oxford Reference Online allows you to search two collections at the same time or just one depending on your needs. There is Oxford Quick Reference for facts or key information and Oxford Reference Library for research with in-depth articles and essays. Together they provide:
- Over 2 million entries across 25 subject areas;
- A wide variety of dictionaries including bilingual dictionaries in French, German and Spanish;
- Over 18,000 illustrations, including colour photographs, maps, and tables;
- Thousands of carefully researched web links - all vetted by Oxford editorial staff;
- Over 275 timelines organized by time period, area and theme;
- Tools to share content including social bookmarking, email, and citation export.
With Oxford Reference you can set up your an account called "My Work". Using this feature you can save any research you have made including favourite titles, and entries. You can also store and manage any annotations you have made. Annotations can be made by selecting text to highlight and annotating with your own notes. You will need a "My Work" account to do this.
If you found this useful, try Gale Virtual Reference Library.