A comprehensive multimedia reference source for high school and tertiary students that searches across multiple eResources in a single search.
In a single search Explora Australia/New Zealand allows you to cross search all the databases below:
- Australia / New Zealand Points of View Reference Centre : perspectives on major contentious social, political, and technological issues that are relevant to New Zealand and Australia;
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus : newspapers, magazines and reference books focused on Australian and New Zealand content;
- Consumer Health Complete : content on all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to complementary, holistic and integrated medicine;
- ERIC : access to educational literature and resources;
- GreenFILE : the effects of humans on the environment;
- History Reference Center : information on world history for researchers. Includes video, photos, maps and full-text books and magazines;
- Literary Reference Center Plus : a broad spectrum of information about thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes for all literary research needs;
- MasterFILE Complete : full-text magazines, journals and general reference publications covering every subject area of interest. Also includes an extensive image collection;
- Science Reference Center : full text articles from all major areas of scientific study; biographies; video resources and experiments;
- Teacher Reference Center : abstracts and indexed articles from journals and magazines for educators.
Explora Australia/ New Zealand replaces Student Resource Center with a more colourful mobile-friendly design and a number of updated features. For example the “topic overview” is a feature in Explora that provides users with a starting point for research. Topic overviews appear in the search results list for thousands of popular topics and include links to authoritative summary articles. If a keyword search does not get you the results you seek then Explora Australia/ New Zealand has also organised itself into easy to browse categories to give users research ideas. These categories are:
- Arts and Music;
- Language Arts;
- Science and Health;
- Social Studies.