Information for blind and visually impaired customers using our free internet computers
The internal speaker on our free internet computers are disabled therefore bring your own headphones that use a standard headphone jack.
To find the headphone jack run your hand down the left side of the computer screen. The headphone jack has a round finger size hole.
Use Narrator at the login screen
NVDA is not available until you have logged into the free internet computer. You can use Microsoft Narrator, the built-in Windows screen reader, at the login screen instead.
- Keyboard shortcut Windows Control Enter turns Narrator on
- Narrator will switch off when you log into the desktop, you will need to press Windows Control Enter again to enable Narrator again
Use keyboard shortcut Windows S to Windows Search for the NVDA application
- Type nvda
- When NVDA is selected press enter to run it
- To quit Narrator use keyboard shortcut Windows Control Enter
- To quit NVDA use the keyboard shortcut Insert Q