Christchurch City Libraries holds an annual sale of withdrawn books, magazines, CDs and DVDs etc. Community libraries also sell withdrawn items.
2018 Book Sale
Big bargain book sale is running up until tomorrow from 9:00am - 4:00pm.........Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre, 75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield, Christchurch.Friday 23 March, 9am to 7pmSaturday 24 March, 9am to 4pm.Find out more:https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/library-book-sales/Feel free to share!
Posted by Nacu Films on Thursday, March 22, 2018
Our annual book sale was held at the Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre, 75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield, Christchurch.
- Friday 23 March, 9am to 7pm
- Saturday 24 March, 9am to 4pm
Friends of the Library had the opportunity to buy at library book sale preview (on the evening before the Book Sale starts - this year it was on Thursday 22 March from 4.30pm to 7pm). If you wish to attend the book sale preview, then all new and existing subscriptions must be paid by 28 February each year.
Pay by EFT-POS or cash only — no credit cards or cheques.
- Most adults' books are $3 (except for selected premium art, landscape and gardening books at marked prices)
- Young adults' and children's books are $1
- Magazines are 10 for $1
- Audio-visual items such as DVDs, CDs, tapes, talking books etc are $3
It doesn't matter when you come to the book sale, as new stock will be put out all the time.
Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre
75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield
Transport, traffic and parking
There will be plenty of parking at Pioneer.
You can also get to the venue by bus. It’s on the Orbiter bus route.
Other bus routes that pass nearby:
- Route 60: Hillmorton to Southshore
- Route 120: Burnside to Spreydon
- Route 145: Eastgate to Westmorland
There are scheduled road works taking place at the intersection of Lyttelton and Sparks Road. Find out more.