Christchurch City Libraries holds an annual sale of withdrawn books, magazines, CDs and DVDs etc. Community libraries also sell withdrawn items.
2018 Book Sale
Our annual book sale will be held at the Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre, 75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield, Christchurch.
- Friday 23 March, 9am to 7pm
- Saturday 24 March, 9am to 4pm
Subscribe to the book sale event on Facebook for regular updates.
Friends of the Library have an opportunity to buy at library book sale previews (on the evening before the Book Sale starts - this year it will be on Thursday 22 March). If you wish to attend the book sale preview, then all new and existing subscriptions must be paid by 28 February each year.
Pay by EFT-POS or cash only — no credit cards or cheques.
- Most adults' books are $3 (except for selected premium art, landscape and gardening books at marked prices)
- Young adults' and children's books are $1
- Magazines are 10 for $1
- Audio-visual items such as DVDs, CDs, tapes, talking books etc are $3
It doesn't matter when you come to the book sale, as new stock will be put out all the time.
Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre
75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield
There will be plenty of parking and it’s on the Orbiter bus route.