Our annual book sale is back! It is scheduled to be held at the Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre, 75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield, Christchurch.
- Friday 19 March 2021, 9am to 7pm
- Saturday 20 March 2021, 9am to 4pm
- Add the Big Bargain Book Sale to your online calendar
- Subscribe to the Big Bargain Book Sale event on Facebook
Pay by EFT-POS or cash only — no credit cards or cheques.
- Fiction and Non-fiction $3
- Large Print $3
- Young adult and children's books are $1
- Mills and Boon $1
- Premium books (including books on art, landscape, gardening, and New Zealand) are at marked prices
- Magazines are 20 cents each (10 for $2)
- Motor manuals $10
- Audio-visual items such as DVDs, CDs, tapes, talking books etc are $3.
It doesn't matter when you come to the book sale, as new stock is put out all the time.
You can bring your own bags, or buy library cloth carry bags for $1 each.
Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre
75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield
Transport, traffic and parking
You can access the venue by bus. It’s on the Orbiter bus route.
Other bus routes that pass nearby:
The Pioneer carpark will be busy during the Book Sale, so allow time to get a park. You will need to follow the one way signage into the main carpark.
Friends of the Library booksale preview
Friends of the Library have the opportunity to buy at a library book sale preview.
- 2022 Friday 18 March and Saturday 19 March
Big bargain book sale is running up until tomorrow from 9:00am - 4:00pm.........Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre, 75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield, Christchurch.Friday 23 March, 9am to 7pmSaturday 24 March, 9am to 4pm.Find out more:https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/library-book-sales/Feel free to share!
Posted by Nacu Films on Thursday, March 22, 2018
Christchurch City Libraries holds an annual sale of withdrawn books, magazines, CDs and DVDs. Community libraries also sell withdrawn items.