Christchurch City Libraries holds an annual sale of withdrawn books, magazines, CDs and DVDs. Community libraries also sell withdrawn items.
Our annual book sale is held at the Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre, 75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield, Christchurch.
- Friday 27 March 2020, 9am to 7pm
- Saturday 28 March 2020, 9am to 4pm
- Subscribe to the Big Bargain Book Sale Facebook event
- Add the Big Bargain Book Sale to your online calendar
Pay by EFT-POS or cash only — no credit cards or cheques.
- Most adults' books are $3.
- Premium books (including books on art, landscape, gardening, and New Zealand) are at marked prices.
- Young adult and children's books are $1.
- Magazines are 10 for $2.
- Audio-visual items such as DVDs, CDs, tapes, talking books etc are $3.
It doesn't matter when you come to the book sale, as new stock is put out all the time.
You can bring your own bags, or buy library cloth carry bags for $4 each.
Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre
75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield
Transport, traffic and parking
There was plenty of parking at Pioneer.
You could also get to the venue by bus. It’s on the Orbiter bus route.
Other bus routes that pass nearby:
Friends of the Library booksale preview
Friends of the Library have the opportunity to buy at a library book sale preview (on the evening before the Book Sale starts - Thursday 26 March 2020 from 4.30pm to 7pm). If you wish to attend the book sale preview, your new or existing subscription needed to be paid by 28 February 2020.
Big bargain book sale is running up until tomorrow from 9:00am - 4:00pm.........Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre, 75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield, Christchurch.Friday 23 March, 9am to 7pmSaturday 24 March, 9am to 4pm.Find out more:https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/library-book-sales/Feel free to share!
Posted by Nacu Films on Thursday, March 22, 2018
Christchurch City Libraries holds an annual sale of withdrawn books, magazines, CDs and DVDs.. Community libraries also sell withdrawn items.