Located on Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2, Tūranga Ngā Kohinga Kōrero o Aotearoa / New Zealand Reference holds mainly New Zealand material, with an emphasis on Canterbury and Christchurch. Items in this collection are only for use in the library.
Titles in this collection are described as "Aotearoa New Zealand Centre" in the library catalogue.
A collection of New Zealand movies, documentary film, television, music and other audio recordings.
Books and pamphlets
- A comprehensive collection of books about New Zealand.
- Most material published about or in Canterbury.
- Poetry, fiction and drama (especially with local content).
- School, church, club and society histories from throughout New Zealand.
- Material on Māori subjects or which present a Māori perspective on a subject.
- Material by authors who identify as Māori.
- Māori language publications.
Borrowing copies of this material and Ngā rākau teitei e iwa / Ngāi Tahu collection titles may be found in Ngā Pounamu Māori Collection
The Margaret Mahy Collection
This is a reference collection of New Zealand children’s and young adult books from the nineteenth century to the present day named in honour of the New Zealand author and former Christchurch City Libraries’ Children’s Librarian, Margaret Mahy.
- Find out more about The Margaret Mahy Collection
Official information and Government publications
A comprehensive range of central and local government publications.
- Christchurch City Council and Canterbury Regional Council publications.
- Legislation including statutes, statutory regulations and parliamentary papers
Other related collections
- Find out what else is on Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2