Tūranga is open from 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday. He Hononga | Connection, Ground floor opens at 8am, all other floors open at 9am.
Weekend hours are 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Tūranga is open from 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday. Weekend hours are 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
He Hononga | Connection, Ground floor opens at 8am, all other floors open at 9am.
From 8am to 9am, you can:
- Visit Foundation Café. It is open from 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday, and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Saturday and Sunday (ph. 03-365-0308)
- Use the computers
- Return items
- Pick up holds
- Browse new books and magazines
- Borrow items using self issue machines
- Interact with the Discovery Wall
There is an after hours returns slot on Gloucester Street side of Tūranga.
Listen to an audio tour of Tūranga about the building's cultural narrative with Joseph Hullen, Matapopore trustee.
Learn about nearby bus stops, bike facilities, and carparking options.
Services and facilities
- Book a librarian one on one sessions
- Bookable rooms and spaces
- Services available at all Christchurch City Libraries
- Library visits
- Events and classes at Tūranga
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- See full list of Spaces and facilities
Christchurch City Council worked with input from Barrier Free, Be Accessible, the Disability Advisory Group (DAG), and Smile Dial in order to ensure the building is accessible to all users. Tūranga has:
- Hearing Loop technology
- Mobility access parking and toilets
- Wheelchairs for use
Computers and Technology
- Auahatanga - Creative Spaces including vinyl printing; 3D printing; sewing, overlocker, and embroidery machines; vacuum former; heat press; craft cutter; and photo, slide, and film scanner.
- 46 public computers with free internet access
- Computer Labs (sometimes available for public use - check with a staff member)
- Free wireless internet access
- Printing and photocopying
- Scan to email or USB
- Production Studio
- Audio Video Studio
- Discovery Wall
- Virtual Reality (VR) headsets and gaming