Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2, Tūranga
Find resources and services to help you develop your knowledge about your own identity, your ancestors, your whakapapa and also about the place that they called home – its land and buildings.
Borrow from the Pasifika and Ngā Pounamu Māori collections or browse New Zealand Reference. Specialist staff in these areas are available to help with your research questions. Visit the Research Room to view material from the Archives, or head to the Southbase Gallery to view exhibitions that reflect our local heritage.
What's on Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2, Tūranga
- Events on Tuakiri | Identity
- Bookbots: Mihi and Manu
- Ngā Rorohiko / Computers (7 PCs)
- He Kohinga Pūranga / Archives
- Kōrero o nehe ā-whānau / Family History
- Wāhi Hui / Meeting Room
- Ngā Kohinga Kōrero o Aotearoa / New Zealand Reference
- Ngā Moutere o te Moana-nui-a-Kiwa / Pasifika
- Waruwarutū / Ngā Pounamu Māori
- Wāhi Rangahau / Research Room
- Te Pito Huarewa / Southbase Gallery
- Wāhi Whakaako / Teaching Room
Browse events and classes at Wāhi Whakaako / Teaching Room
- Toilets and baby changing facilities
- Drinking water
- As a centre for research Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2 is a destination for special interest groups, including tertiary or secondary students. Please book to arrange a group visit.
- Specialist staff can help with finding information and using the resources and equipment in the collections. Contact us for information requests. Research charges may apply.
- Photographic print service available.
Explore Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2 through our interactive online floor maps