National Geographic Kids
Digital archive of the trusted children’s magazine National Geographic Kids. Also includes articles, images, videos and online books. Aimed at 6 to 14-year-olds.
National Geographic Kids is an easy way to engage younger students and broaden their horizons with bright, authoritative and fun content. This age appropriate eResource can take kids on amazing adventures in science, nature, culture, archaeology, and space. The online archive includes access to:
- National Geographic Kids magazine from 2009 to the present (3 month embargo);
- Articles on topics divided into 6 subdivisions - Animals, Environment, History, Places, Peoples & Culture and Science & Technology;
- Stunning images, maps and videos;
- A huge collection of kid friendly eBooks
National Geographic Kids is the only kids brand with a world-class scientific organisation at its core. This award-winning resource continues National Geographic’s mission to excite and teach kids about why the world is a weird, fascinating and fun place! For example did you know that:
- The sky is pink on the planet Mars? If you want to see it you will have to travel nine months to get there!
- The air around a lightning strike is five times hotter than the sun?
- One year on Neptune last 165 Earth years?
- Dinosaur bones were mistaken for dragon bones when they first discovered 2,000 years ago?!
Learn all about these facts and more with this wonderful eResource. Don't forget we also have the adult version - National Geographic Virtual Library