Gasav Ne Fäeag Rotuạm Ta - Rotuman Language Week
Rotuman Language Week - Gasav Ne Fäeag Rotuạm Ta is on from Sunday 9 May to Saturday 15 May 2021.
This year’s theme for Gasav Ne Fäeag Rotuạm Ta - Rotuman Language Week is Tutur häk ne måür lelei – the four pillars of life and wellbeing:
- Måür Fak'ata (spiritual - a place of solace that gives meaning to life)
- Måür Fakforo (physical - living life in all its fullness)
- 'Os A'häe (psychological - steers our presence and place in life)
- Hạikạinagaga (social - our connection with people)
The traditional Rī Fak Rotuam is a Rotuman thatched shelter or house which needs four strong pillars to hold the entire house together, just like the four pillars for our wellbeing.
According to the 2018 Census, 981 people of Rotuman heritage live in New Zealand.
- Visit the Ministry for Pacific Peoples Rotuman Language Week page for more Rotuman language and educational resources.
- Like the Rotuman Language Week Facebook page.