Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau - Tokelau Language Week
Mālo ni. Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau - Tokelau Language Week is on from Sunday 22 to Saturday 28 October 2023.
Tokelau Language Week - Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau celebrates the culture and language of the more than 8,676 people of Tokelauan heritage who live in New Zealand. According to the 2018 Census, 138 people of Tokelauan heritage reside in Christchurch.
The 2023 theme is:
"Ke Olatia ko ia Tokelau i tana Fakavae."
"Tokelau to Prosper Within its Foundation”.
This page highlights our resources about Tokelau and the Tokelauan language.
Find Tokelauan resources in our collection
- Bilingual Tokelauan-English dictionaries
- Tokelau in Britannnica Library Adults
- Tokelau in World Book Advanced
Tokelauan language and culture
- Tokelau Language Week Ministry of Pacific Peoples
- Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau Facebook page
- Learn Tokelauan introductory Tokelau phrases
- Tokelau Language Week from Te Kete Ipurangi, including links to an online Tokelau dictionary
- 7 things you should know about Tokelau blog post from Te Papa Tongarewa