Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau - Tokelau Language Week: 23 to 29 October 2022
Mālo ni. Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau - Tokelau Language Week is on each year in October.
Mālo ni. Tokelauan Language Week - Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau celebrates the culture and language of the more than 8,676 people of Tokelauan heritage who live in New Zealand. According to the 2018 Census, 138 people of Tokelauan heritage reside in Christchurch.
Tokelau Language Week - Te vaiaho o te gagana Tokelau 2022 is on from Sunday 23 October – Saturday 29 October.
The theme for 2021 was:
Tokelau! Tapui tau gagana ma tau aganuku, i te manaola ma te lautupuola.
Tokelau! Preserve your language and culture, to enhance spiritual and physical wellbeing.
This page highlights our resources about Tokelau and the Tokelauan language.
Find Tokelauan resources in our collection
- Bilingual Tokelauan-English dictionaries
- Tokelau in Britannnica Library Adults
- Tokelau in World Book Advanced
Tokelauan language and culture
- Tokelau Language Week Ministry of Pacific Peoples
- Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau Facebook page
- Learn Tokelauan introductory Tokelau phrases
- Tokelau Language Week from Te Kete Ipurangi, including links to an online Tokelau dictionary
- 7 things you should know about Tokelau blog post from Te Papa Tongarewa