Tokelau Language Week - Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau
Mālo ni. Tokelauan Language Week - Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau celebrates the culture and language of the more than 8,676 people of Tokelauan heritage who live in New Zealand. According to the 2018 Census, 138 people of Tokelauan heritage reside in Christchurch.
Tokelau Language Week - Te vaiaho o te gagana Tokelau 2020 is on from Sunday 25 October – Saturday 31 October.
The theme is:
Apoapo tau foe, i nā tāfea i te galutau. Ke mau mai, ke mau mai.
Never give up hope, even amidst chaos and much uncertainty. Stay united, stay strong.
This page highlights our resources about Tokelau and the Tokelauan language.
Find Tokelauan resources in our collection
- Bilingual Tokelauan-English dictionaries
- Tokelau in Britannnica Library Adults
- Tokelau in World Book Advanced
Tokelauan language and culture
- Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau Facebook page
- Tau Gagana Tokelau introductory Tokelau language and information
- Tokelau Language Week from Te Kete Ipurangi, including links to an online Tokelau dictionary
- 7 things you should know about Tokelau blog post from Te Papa Tongarewa
- Tokelau Language Week resources including a poster, and language resources, Ministry for Pacific Peoples.