Tokelau Language Week - Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau
Mālo ni. Tokelauan Language Week - Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau celebrates the culture and language of the more than 8,676 people of Tokelauan heritage who live in New Zealand. According to the 2018 Census, 138 people of Tokelauan heritage reside in Christchurch.
Tokelau Language Week - Te vaiaho o te gagana Tokelau 2021 is on from Sunday 24 October – Saturday 30 October.
The theme for 2020 was:
Apoapo tau foe, i nā tāfea i te galutau. Ke mau mai, ke mau mai.
Never give up hope, even amidst chaos and much uncertainty. Stay united, stay strong.
This page highlights our resources about Tokelau and the Tokelauan language.
Find Tokelauan resources in our collection
- Bilingual Tokelauan-English dictionaries
- Tokelau in Britannnica Library Adults
- Tokelau in World Book Advanced
Tokelauan language and culture
- Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau Facebook page
- Learn Tokelauan introductory Tokelau phrases
- Tokelau Language Week from Te Kete Ipurangi, including links to an online Tokelau dictionary
- 7 things you should know about Tokelau blog post from Te Papa Tongarewa