Tokelauan Language Week - Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau celebrates the culture and language of the more than 7,100 people of Tokelauan heritage who live in New Zealand.1 There are over 80 people of Tokelauan heritage in Christchurch.2
This page highlights our resources about Tokelau and the Tokelauan language.
Tokelauan Language Week 2018 is on from Sunday 21 October to Saturday 27 October.
Tokelauan Language Week 2018
The theme is:
E kukutia te tingā lakia, E kukulima kae ala tahi.
Gather together like a flock of birds, hold hands and go forward as one.
Find Tokelau resources in our collection
- Resources in Tokelauan
- Bilingual Tokelauan-English dictionaries
- Children's stories in Tokelauan
- Resources about Tokelau
- Children's resources about Tokelau
- Tokelau in Britannnica Library Adults
- Tokelau in World Book Advanced
Tokelauan language and culture
- Tokelau Language Week - Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau from the Human Rights Commission
- Read Pasifika salutations on the Pacific Languages Week webpage, Ministry for Pacific Peoples.
- Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau Facebook page
- Tau Gagana Tokelau introductory Tokelau language and information
- Tokelau Language Week from Te Kete Ipurangi, including links to an online Tokelau dictionary
- 7 things you should know about Tokelau blog post from Te Papa Tongarewa
- Tokelau Language Week resources including a poster, and language resources, Ministry for Pacific Peoples.
2. NZ.Stat, Ethnic group (total responses), for the census usually resident population count, 2001, 2006, and 2013 Censuses, accessed 13 October 2015