Tuvalu Language Week Vaiaso o te ‘Gana Tuvalu
Tālofa. Tuvalu Language Week celebrates the culture and language of the 4,653 people of Tuvaluan heritage who live in New Zealand. According to the 2018 Census, 42 people of Tuvalu heritage reside in Christchurch.
This page highlights resources about Tuvalu and the Tuvaluan language.
In 2021, Tuvalu Language Week will be celebrated Sunday 26 September to Saturday 2 October.
The 2020 Tuvalu Language Week theme was:
Fakatili Te Kiloga Fou
Navigating the changing environment
Resources about Tuvalu
- List of Tuvalu general resources
- All resources about Tuvalu in our collection
- Tuvalu in Britannnica Library Adults
- Eight things you should know about Tuvalu from Te Papa's blog
- Tuvalu Language Week from Te Kete Ipurangi, including a link to the Tuvaluan National Anthem, as well as to a variety of learning resources