Vaiaso o te Gana Tuvalu - Tuvalu Language Week
Talofa koutou. Vaiaso o te Gana Tuvalu - Tuvalu Language Week is on from Sunday 1 to Saturday 7 October 2023.
Tālofa. Tuvalu Language Week celebrates the culture and language of the 4,653 people of Tuvaluan heritage who live in New Zealand. According to the 2018 Census, 42 people of Tuvalu heritage reside in Christchurch.
This page highlights resources about Tuvalu and the Tuvaluan language.
The theme for 2022 was:
Fakamautu ke mautakitaki te Gagana Tuvalu mo te atafai, fakaaloalo mo te amanaiagina.
Nurture with sustainability the Tuvalu language with care, respect and dignity.
- Visit the Ministry for Pacific Peoples Tuvalu Language Week page for more resources.
- Like the Tuvalu Language Week Facebook page.
Find Tuvalu resources and information
Tuvaluan Ili Craft - Tuvalu Language Week
Tālofa. Enjoy this Tuvaluan Ili Craft in Tuvalu Language Week Vaiaso o te ‘Gana Tuvalu.
Tuvalu Language Week Display
A display of traditional Tuvalu crafts and costume on Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2, Tūranga.
Tuvalu general resources
Tālofa, here is a selection of Tuvalu resources that cover language, culture and climate - in both Tuvalu and English.
Resources about Tuvalu
- List of Tuvalu general resources
- All resources about Tuvalu in our collection
- Tuvalu in Britannnica Library Adults
- Eight things you should know about Tuvalu from Te Papa's blog
- Tuvalu Language Week Ministry of Pacific Peoples
- Tuvalu Language Week from Te Kete Ipurangi, including a link to the Tuvaluan National Anthem, as well as to a variety of learning resources
- NZ Tuvalu Language Week on Facebook
Resources focusing on Pacific knowledge, heritage & identity, and supporting the learning and retention of Pacific languages and culture.