Vaiaso o te Gana Tuvalu - Tuvalu Language Week
Talofa koutou. Vaiaso o te Gana Tuvalu - Tuvalu Language Week is on from Sunday 1 to Saturday 7 October 2023.
Tālofa. Tuvalu Language Week celebrates the culture and language of the 4,653 people of Tuvaluan heritage who live in New Zealand. According to the 2018 Census, 42 people of Tuvalu heritage reside in Christchurch.
This page highlights resources about Tuvalu and the Tuvaluan language.
The theme for 2023 is:
Fakatumau kae fakaakoi tau ‘gana ke mautu a iloga o ‘ta tuā.
Preserve and embrace your language to safeguard our heritage identities.
Find Tuvalu resources and information
Resources about Tuvalu
- List of Tuvalu general resources
- All resources about Tuvalu in our collection
- Tuvalu in Britannnica Library Adults
- Eight things you should know about Tuvalu from Te Papa's blog
- Tuvalu Language Week Ministry of Pacific Peoples
- Tuvalu Language Week from Te Kete Ipurangi, including a link to the Tuvaluan National Anthem, as well as to a variety of learning resources
- NZ Tuvalu Language Week on Facebook