Christchurch City Libraries lists literary prize winners and links to catalogue searches, but we may not hold copies of all titles mentioned.
The Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction was established in 2012 to recognise the best fiction books for adult readers published in the United States during the previous year.
The winning author receives a $5,000 cash award, and two finalists receive $1,500.
- The Thousand Crimes of Ming Tsu Tom Lin Winner
- The Five Wounds Kirstin Valdez Quade
- Matrix Lauren Groff
- Lost Children Archive Valeria Luiselli Winner
- Feast Your Eyes Myla Goldberg
- The Water Dancer Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Manhattan Beach Jennifer Egan Winner
- Lincoln in the Bardo George Saunders
- Sing, Unburied, Sing Jesmyn Ward
- The sympathizer Viet Thanh Nguyen Winner
- The book of Aron Jim Shepard
- A little life Hanya Yanagihara
- All the light we cannot see Anthony Doerr Winner
- Nora Webster Colm Tóibín
- On such a full sea Chang-rae Lee
- The goldfinch Donna Tartt Winner
- Americanah Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Claire of the sea light Edwidge Danticat