Barbecuing tips from the family chef:
- when cooking fish on the BBQ, wrap it in foil with sliced lemon and herbs
- when making kebabs, soak wooden skewers overnight in water before using to prevent them from burning
- when cooking steak turn only once to prevent dry meat and to allow each side to become crunchy… it really works
- put marinades on towards end of cooking as sugar or honey in them will cause burning
- fruit is lovely for afters; cook in foil with sprinkles of brown sugar
- ladies, don’t get caught in the trap of men doing the cooking and you cleaning up the barbie before and after cooking!