This temporary library will be superceded by a new Central Library in 2018.
Our collection includes more than 80,000 items including:
- Services available at all Christchurch City Libraries
- Book a librarian one on one sessions
- Self service kiosks
- Public toilets in the library, including disabled access
- Events & classes
Computers & internet access
- 25 public computers with free internet access (60 minute time limit for sessions for library customers; 30 minutes for visitor logins)
- 5 children’s computers
- Family history computer
- Free wireless internet access
- Printing and photocopying
- Scan to USB
Check Metro bus information for buses in the area.
Parking outside the library is available for library customers, including disabled access.
Please check Transport for Christchurch for the best access routes as there are considerable roadworks in the central business district.
The Commons, 70 Kilmore Street, near Central Library Peterborough, has been licensed for transitional projects through an agreement between the Christchurch City Council (site owners) and Life in Vacant Spaces (LiVS)
The site hosts a retro sport facility and RAD bikes.
Greening the Rubble and Gap Filler’s Sound Garden project is located across the road from Central Library Peterborough. The garden features musical instruments made from recycled materials and junk.
Richard Killeen: The inner binding is a Christchurch Art Gallery Outer Spaces project in association with Christchurch City Libraries. This art work decorates the windows of Central Library Peterborough.