Macawa ni Vosa Vakaviti - Fijian Language Week
Ni sa bula kece sara. Macawa ni Vosa Vakaviti - Fijian Language Week is on from Sunday 8 to Saturday 14 October 2023.
Ni sa bula vinaka! Fiji Language Week Macawa Ni Vosa Vakaviti celebrates the culture and language of the 19,722 people of Fijian heritage who live in New Zealand. According to the 2018 Census, 1,191 people of Fijian heritage reside in Christchurch.
In 2022, the theme was:
Noqu Vosa, Ai Vakadei ni Noqu Tiko Vinaka
My language provides stability to my wellbeing.
Fijian language and culture resources
Find Fijian resources in our collection
Fijian language and culture
- Fiji Language Week Ministry of Pacific Peoples
- Fijian Language Week Facebook page
- Fijian community groups and organisations in CINCH, our community directory
- Fiji Language Week from Te Kete Ipurangi
- Let’s Meke! and Whale tooth tales blog posts from Te Papa Tongarewa