Fijian Language Week Macawa ni Vosa Vakaviti
Ni sa bula vinaka! Fiji Language Week Macawa Ni Vosa Vakaviti celebrates the culture and language of the 19,722 people of Fijian heritage who live in New Zealand. According to the 2018 Census, 1,191 people of Fijian heritage reside in Christchurch.
In 2021, Fijian Language Week will be on from Sunday 3 October to Saturday 9 October.
The 2020 Fijian Language theme was:
Noqu Vosa, Noqu iSema Bula.
My language, my living link.
Find Fijian resources in our collection
Fijian language and culture
- Fijian Language Week Facebook page
- Fijian community groups and organisations in CINCH, our community directory
- Fiji Language Week resources from the Human Rights Commission
- Fiji Language Week from Te Kete Ipurangi
- Let’s Meke! and Whale tooth tales blog posts from Te Papa Tongarewa