Store is open and most Store items are now available.
- While libraries are closed, items in those collections are not available to be borrowed.
- Items which are unavailable should now have their status in catalogue records as
Currently inaccessible. The only exception to this is stock held at ‘LRS’. Unfortunately we are unable to change the status of this stock from
Currently inaccessible. In time this stock will become available once more.
- Holds may be placed on items held at closed libraries and will be delivered to you when the item becomes available. Your hold will not expire, but may not be delivered for some time.
- Please contact us if you have questions.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Please note that non-city library members can access all electronic resources except where specifically excluded by the terms of Christchurch City Libraries’ contractual agreements with those suppliers. For more information see our Membership policy.
Christchurch City Libraries in the media
- Lack of hearing no barrier to creativity Newsline, 6 June 2017
- It's Library Lovers Day Newsline, Tuesday 14 February 2017
- New Brighton Library reopens star.kiwi, Monday 13 February 2017
- New Brighton Library re-opens its doors Newsline, Monday 13 February 2017
- New Brighton: ‘No one is anonymous’ Ashleigh Monk, star.kiwi, Monday 13 February 2017
- Community input sought on location options Newsline, 9 February 2017
- Christchurch Symphony Orchestra to perform at libraries Newsline, 31 January 2017
- New library costs tightly monitored Newsline, 17 January 2017
- Time-lapse captures progress on new library Newsline, 19 December 2016
- New central library taking shape Newsline, 8 December 2016
- Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre turns one with plenty to celebrate Newsline, 23 November 2016
- Foundations laid for a 21st century knowledge centre Newsline, 26 October 2016
- New Christchurch Central Library's first foundations poured Jamie Small, The Press, Wednesday 26 October 2016
- Find a palace of fun at the library Newsline, 27 September 2016
- Uncovering family secrets Newsline, 20 September 2016
- New Brighton’s pop-up library opens Newsline, 15 August 2016
- Committee agrees on library repair plan Newsline, 4 August 2016
- Construction begins on Bishopdale library, community centre Newsline, 25 July 2016
- Dawn blessing marks start of multimillion-dollar Sumner project Newsline, 22 July 2016
- Library book groups help get people talking Newsline, 21 July 2016
- New Brighton Library closes for repair, pops up elsewhere Newsline, 15 July 2016
- Grandparents get iPad savvy at the library Newsline, 29 June 2016
- Library a school holiday hotspot Newsline, 27 June 2016
- Public urged to vote for favourite name Newsline, 21 June 2016
- Christchurch libraries close for repairs during 2016 Tina Law, The Press, 30 December 2015
- Christchurch's central library project faces $10 million shortfall Lois Cairns, The Press, 20 August 2015
- What role should a library play? David Killick, The Press, 4 April 2015
- Christchurch's new $85m library unveiled Lois Cairns. The Press. 26 March 2015.
- Dogs role in kids' reading confidence Emily Spink, The Press, 6 March 2015
- New chapter for city library Lois Cairns, The Press, 2 February 2015
- Quake zone in transition Philip Matthews, The Press, 3 January 2015 (mentions Central Library Peterborough)
- Library coming down but memories stick Beck Eleven. The Press. Saturday 6 September 2014
- Final chapter for central library, The Press. Friday 15 August 2014
- Over $6m to fix South library Lois Cairns. The Press. Tuesday 8 July 2014
- Input wanted for $85m central library Lois Cairns, The Press. Saturday 22 March 2014
- New $85 million library inches closer Ashleigh Stewart, The Press. Friday 21 March 2014
- Manchester St Library opens Nicole Mathewson. The Press. Monday 20 January 2014
- Library clients turn to e-books Lois Cairns. The Press. Monday 13 January 2014
- $89m for central library ‘hub of knowledge’ The Press. Saturday 24 August 2013
- Cost doesn’t match library vision Rachel Young and Lois Cairns, The Press. Wednesday 14 August 2013
- Debate over city library, sports hub Rachel Young and Lois Cairns, The Press. Tuesday 13 August 2013
- Plans for $89m central library Lois Cairns. The Press. Monday 12 August 2013