This page contains the latest information on changes in opening hours or closures.
Library hours and locations
Library closures or changes in hours or services
Check the library events calendar to find what events are on.
What you need to know when visiting libraries
Mask wearing is voluntary in our facilities.
Ready Reads - Click and collect service
If you can’t spend time in a library, you can still get library books with our Ready Reads service. Available from all libraries. Check Ready Reads or phone 03-941-7923 for more information.
- The Fingertip Library phone service and LiveOnline online help are available to assist you.
- Book a librarian / Librarian in your lounge for a free individual 30 minute session of help from a librarian.
Renewing and returning your items
You can renew items on our website or by calling us on 03-941-7923.
- You can join the library online for free.
- Digital content is available 24/7.
- Get the latest Government advice: covid19.govt.nz
- Follow Newsline - Council’s online news channel - for the latest information about Council services and facilities: newsline.ccc.govt.nz