Get the latest Government advice: covid19.govt.nz
Follow Newsline - Council’s online news channel - for the latest information about Council services and facilities: newsline.ccc.govt.nz
Libraries are now open at Alert Level 2
- All libraries will open to the public on Thursday 9 September 2021.
- Entry to all libraries is limited. Government regulations for Alert Level 2 mean we need to limit capacity so that people can maintain physical distancing of 2m from others.
- The number of people who can use each library at any given time will vary, depending on the size of the facility.
- Contact tracing will be in place and everyone must sign in, either with the Covid Tracer app or manually using the slips provided.
- Children under 12 are only allowed to enter the library with a parent or guardian.
- Library cafes will reopen, provided they can put appropriate physical distancing measures in place.
- Under Alert Level 2, it’s mandatory to wear a mask indoors where people gather publicly, so please wear your mask when visiting our libraries and facilities.
- Library staff are able to help with borrowing and payments if you don’t wish to touch any of the equipment.
- Some computers will be available for public use, so long as physical distancing is maintained. Time limits may be placed to ensure fair access for everyone.
- Computers, keyboards and self-serve kiosks will be regularly cleaned.
- The 3D printers and laser cutter at Tūranga are not available for in-library use.
- JP sessions are currently not available.
- At Alert Level 2, access to meeting rooms is either unavailable or limited. Contact the Fingertip Library to find out more.
- The Imagination Station Lego, toys, and slide on Hapori | Community, Level 1, Tūranga are not available.
Mobile and Outreach
- All libraries programmes, including the Imagination Station, remain cancelled under Alert Level 2. Check out the event calendar for the latest information.
- The Mobile Library is unavailable until Alert Level 1.
- The Fingertip Library, our virtual library information service and call centre, is available 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 9:30am-5pm on Saturday.
- Our digital library is available for you to use 24/7.
- Our ability to help you with reference enquiries may be limited. Reference services are still available via FingerTip Library.
- Visit our website for the latest library information.
- Free wifi is available outside all libraries (including Tūranga).
- The Librarian in your Lounge phone service will continue in Alert Level 2.