- Get the latest Government advice: covid19.govt.nz
- Follow Newsline - Council’s online news channel - for the latest information about Council services and facilities: newsline.ccc.govt.nz
- Library hours and locations
- Under the orange traffic light alert level, we require people 12 and older to have vaccine certificates before they enter our libraries.
- You are required to show or scan your vaccination pass before entering the library. Some people waiting for My Vaccine Pass have been issued a temporary exemption letter from the Ministry of Health Manatū Hāuora. This can be used in place of a My Vaccine Pass until Tuesday 14 December.
- Under 12 year olds must be accompanied by an adult/caregiver due to the need to scan in using the NZ Covid Tracer app or to sign in using a paper slip, so that their visit is recorded.
- A 12 year old has up to 3 months after their birthday to gain a vaccine pass in order to enter libraries.
- It’s mandatory to wear a mask indoors where people gather publicly, so please wear your mask when visiting our libraries and facilities.
- Please scan in using NZ COVID tracer app or sign in manually using the slips provided.
- Each library will have capacity limits based on its size (1m² per person)
- Public programmes and events will be available where the required capacity limits based on 1 metre distancing is applied.
- Imagination Station LEGO play area at Tūranga has reopened.
Mobile and Outreach
- Mobile and outreach services will continue to operate where one metre distancing is applied
Click and collect service
- Ready Reads click-and-collect service for people is being trialled in selected libraries from 6 December. Check out Ready Reads or phone 941-7923 for more information.
- The Fingertip Library phone service and LiveOnline online help are available to assist you.
- Book a librarian / Librarian in your lounge for a free individual 30 minute session of help from a librarian.
- Justices of the Peace sessions are resuming from Friday 10 December. Check to find out when and where, and to check holiday hours.
- You can join the library online for free.
- Digital content is available 24/7
- Free WiFi is available outside all libraries
What library services can unvaccinated people access?
Library membership enables everyone to access online services and digital content 24-7 from home. This includes access to eBooks, documentaries and movies. We will also be trialling a Ready Reads click-and-collect service at selected libraries.
Will library programmes that have been on hold during Alert Level 2 now be able to operate?
Yes, however capacity will depend on the spaces available for each programme. Find out what’s on nearby by visiting our events page and calendar.
Will unvaccinated people be able to use library meeting rooms?
No. In order to protect our staff and communities from Covid-19, meeting rooms will only be available for use by people with vaccine certificates and those under 12 (when accompanied by a double-vaccinated adult).
How will libraries and cafes be able to monitor who has a vaccine pass?
People will be required to have their vaccination pass scanned when they enter the building. We will help you with this.