Parklands Library is closing early at 5pm Friday 19 August.
Aranui Library is open from 10am to 12noon, closed from 12noon to 1.30pm, then open again from 1.30pm to 4pm on Saturday 20 August.
Aranui Library is open from 10am to 12noon, closed from 12noon to 12.30pm, then open again from 12.30pm to 4pm on Sunday 21 August.
Get the latest Government advice: covid19.govt.nz
- Follow Newsline - Council’s online news channel - for the latest information about Council services and facilities: newsline.ccc.govt.nz
- Library hours and locations
The rapid rise in COVID-19 cases is affecting the operation of some of our libraries. Check here for the latest information on changes in opening hours or closures. All essential services are being provided as normal.
Library closures or changes in hours or services
- Parklands Library is closing early at 5pm Friday 19 August.
- Aranui Library is open from 10am to 12noon, closed from 12noon to 1.30pm, then open again from 1.30pm to 4pm on Saturday 20 August.
- Aranui Library is open from 10am to 12noon, closed from 12noon to 12.30pm, then open again from 12.30pm to 4pm on Sunday 21 August.
- Check the library events calendar to find what events are on.
- Wā Pēpi: Babytimes or Wā Kōrero: Storytimes have resumed.
- Most Wāhi Rangahau / Study rooms at Tūranga are now available.
What you need to know when visiting libraries
Members of the public no longer need a vaccine pass to enter our libraries.
- We require people 12 and older to wear a mask when visiting our libraries and facilities. If you have a mask exemption pass, please present it to staff if asked.
- There is a temporary change to our Food and Drink policy. You are welcome to drink water in our libraries but all other food and drink must be consumed in designated areas like cafés.
- Imagination Station LEGO play area at Tūranga is open. The slide is currently unavailable due to repairs though the cave is open.
- Use the Discovery Wall in Tūranga or through the website. The Mobile Discovery Wall is also hosted at a different library each month. See our events calendar for more details.
Ready Reads - Click and collect service
- If you can’t spend time in a library, you can still get library books with our Ready Reads service. Available from all libraries. Check Ready Reads or phone 03-941-7923 for more information.
- The Fingertip Library phone service and LiveOnline online help are available to assist you.
- Book a librarian / Librarian in your lounge for a free individual 30 minute session of help from a librarian.
- Justices of the Peace sessions have resumed.
Renewing and returning your items
- You can renew items on our website or by calling us on 03-941-7923.
- Items can be returned through the after-hours return slot at any library (not necessarily the one you borrowed from).
- You can join the library online for free.
- Digital content is available 24/7.