- 28th Māori Battalion [information file]
- Held in Nga Pounamu Maori Collection.
- A collection of articles from newspapers, magazines and books about the Battalion. Includes information on Ngarimu, VC; the battle of Tebaga Gap; John Waititi; Bill Rickard; Miki Harrison; Nepia Mahuika; Heta Wawatea; the Ferris family; Moana Katae; Ted Wanoa; Hone Te Kauru Green; J.K.Waenga. Includes bibliography of further sources.
Cody, J.F. 28 (Māori) Battalion
- Official war history. Read an online edition of this book at NZETC New Zealand Official War Histories
Gardiner, W. Te mura o te ahi: the story of the Māori Battalion
- Covers all the Battalion’s campaigns in the Second World War. Ch. 2: Māori in the First World War.
Personal recollections and eyewitness accounts, many anecdotes and hundreds of photographs are woven through this history, from the inception of C Company in 1939 to the return of it's last members in 1946.
Māori and the Second World War - examines Māori response, achievements and the impact of the war.
Māori War Effort Organisation 1942-1945 - information on Māori recruitment and war-related activities.
28th Māori Battalion - "The 28th Māori Battalion website is a place to record, remember, honour and maintain information and knowledge of the Māori Battalion and its outstanding contribution to Aotearoa New Zealand".
For further information, search the catalogue: