Classic and contemporary poems, as well as short stories, biographies and authoritative essays on such topics as poetic forms, movements and techniques.
Poetry & Short Story Reference Center provides:
- Over 700,000 full-text poems, both classic, contemporary and international (accompanied by English translations, when available);
- More than 51,000 full-text short stories;
- Over 10,000 dramatic works;
- More than 2,300 audio recordings of poets reading their own works and the works of other poets;
- High-quality videos provided by the Academy of American Poets;
- Over 450 explications of both classic and contemporary poems;
- More than 540 eBooks focused on poetry, drama and short stories.
A searchable sub-collection of this database contains the most studied poems and poets according to the most frequently anthologised works and standard curriculum lists. A browseable list of literary styles, historical movements, and poetic philosophies which pulls together works representing specific eras, styles and characteristics is also available.
With EBSCO you can create your own account using your email address and your own password. With your own account you can:
- Save preferences;
- Organise your research with folders;
- Share your folders with others and view theirs;
- Save and retrieve your search history;
- Create email alerts and/or RSS feeds.