Located on Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2, Tūranga the Pasifika collection brings together titles focusing on Pacific knowledge, heritage and identity, particularly those that support the learning and retention of Pacific languages and culture.
It includes resources in the following Pacific languages - Niuean, Rarotongan, Samoan, Tokelauan and Tongan. A large proportion of the Pasifika language material is for children. Some titles for children in these languages are also in Family Place, Hapori | Community, Level 1.
Specialist staff are available to help with researching Pasifika topics including family history. Use the Book a Librarian form to make an appointment.
Browse the Pasifika collection.
Pasifika Language Weeks
- Gasav Ne Fäeag Rotuạm Ta: Rotuman Language Week
- Vaiaso o le Gagana Samoa: Sāmoan Language Week
- Te ‘Epetoma o Te Reo Kūki ‘Āirani: Cook Islands Language Week
- Uike ‘o e Lea Tonga: Tongan Language Week
- Vaiaso o te Gana Tuvalu: Tuvalu Language Week
- Macawa ni Vosa Vakaviti: Fiji Language Week
- Vagahau Niue Week: Niue Language Week
- Te Vaiaho o te Gagana Tokelau: Tokelau Language Week
Material which provides access to Pacific knowledge, heritage and identity, with a particular focus on helping Pacific Islanders retain their language and culture. This is a separate collection found only at Aranui Library and on Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2, Tūranga. Some of the same material is found within the general collections held in all our libraries.
- Find out what else is on Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2.
- Vā Pasifika: Christchurch City Libraries Pasifika Staff Network
- Pasifika collections at Christchurch City Libraries.
- Ngā Reo o te Ao / World Languages collection.