Ramadan kareem to all who are observing the month of Ramadan.
If you'd like to know more about Ramadan, FIANZ (The Federation of Islamic Associations of New Zealand) website says:
Ramadhan is the most blessed month of the Islamic calendar in which Allah S.W.T. guides us to good deeds. It is the month in which the Qur’an was revealed as clear guidance and judgment to all people. It is the month in which good deeds are multiplied and sins are forgiven.
An article on Stuff from 3 May 2019 gives an interesting insight for non-Muslims: What is Ramadan? Muslim New Zealanders to start month of daytime fasting.
Find out more about Ramadan
- Explore resources about Ramadan at the library.
- Read about Ramadan via eResources Discovery Search.
Muslim groups on Facebook
- FIANZ (The Federation of Islamic Associations of New Zealand)
- The Muslim Association of Canterbury
- CMCT Canterbury Muslim Community Trust
- Nawawi Center
- Linwood Islamic Charitable Trust
Find out more about Islam
Stories for young children with Muslim characters, and books about equality, empathy and tolerance. A Christchurch City Libraries list.