This guide aims to help you find information on New Zealand fashion and designers – in books, magazines, and online.
Explore our fashion resources
Search the catalogue for books on New Zealand design and designers:
- Costume and fashion images from the Christchurch City Libraries collection.
- Resources for the dedicated follower of fashion – books, magazines and web sites on the elements of style.
- Wearable arts, costume & fashion design
- Our page on wearable arts helps you find information about designing and making clothes, costumes and wearable arts.
- New Zealand Fashion in pictures: Kete Christchurch
- New Zealand Fashion in Pictures: Our Image Collection
- New Zealand Fashion in pictures: Our Flickr
- Fashion and beauty
- The New Zealand Herald fashion section includes local and international news, and interviews with fashion identities.
- Fashion and design news
- Stuff’s fashion section. The Life section in Wednesday's issue of Christchurch newspaper The Press has fashion information.
- New Zealand fashion quarterly
- New Zealand’s major fashion magazine. Available in print, and in eMagazine format from RBdigital magazines and PressReader.
- Papers Past
- Search for historical examples of local fashions. Try changing the date to cover a particular period. For images, try selecting advertisements or illustrated captions.
A selection of web resources with a New Zealand fashion focus.
New Zealand Fashion Museum Online
Explore their exhibitions and collections
- New Zealand Fashion Week
- Fashion and textile design from Te Ara
- Fashion from NZhistory
- View sets of Fashion photographs from Digital NZ
- Fashion shows and interviews from New Zealand on Screen
- Podcasts from Radio New Zealand including programmes on the miniskirt, flares, and black singlets.