A timeless favourite of dance and music is coming to Christchurch in November.
Winners of the Sleeping Beauty Flower Garland Family Challenge
This was an extraordinarily difficult task to judge. All entries were outstanding, and we thank you all for sending through such special creations.
Eliza, Amy, Kathy and Palmira. They have won a family pass to see The Sleeping Beauty at The Isaac Theatre Royal.
Highly commended runners up
Because of the high calibre of entries, we will be awarding a few special additional prizes. We haven’t quite decided what the prizes will be – but we would love to be able to give some well deserved credit to these following entries:
Zoe and Sarah
Sharon, Maria and Teresa
Miriam and Esther
Thanks to everyone who took part in this family challenge and congratulations to you all.
Congratulations to Aquila the lucky winner of the RNZB bookmark competition. Aquila has won a double pass to the Sleeping Beauty Ballet at the Isaac Theatre Royal.
Photos of the Sleeping Beauty flower garland family challenge.
Make a flower garland and win!
Be in to win a family pass to see the magical stage production of The Sleeping Beauty! The prize is a ticket for two adults and two children to attend The Royal New Zealand Ballet production of The Sleeping Beauty on Saturday 21 November, 1.30pm at the Isaac Theatre Royal.
Get green-fingered with flowers and foliage, or crafty with paper, paint and glue to make a flower garland fit for a fairy-tale wedding!
Work together with your friends or family on this fun and creative challenge – just in time for the school holidays! Entries open Monday 28 September and close Friday 30 October 2020.
Competition is open to all ages. Pick up an entry form from any library or download the entry form.
Attach your completed entry form to your creation and drop off at any one of our Christchurch City Libraries. Check out our library opening hours and locations.
If your entry includes fresh foliage, please take photographs from each angle and submit these instead. A librarian can help you with this if necessary.
Conditions of entry
- Competition is open from Monday 28 September – 5pm Friday 30 October 2020.
- Entries must be returned to any one of the Christchurch City Libraries by 5pm on Friday 30 October 2020.
- Winners will be announced on the Christchurch City Libraries Facebook page, and website.
- Prize allocation is at the discretion of the Christchurch City Council. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Entries must have all correct contact details completed on the entry form.
- Prize is for 2 adults & 2 children to attend The Royal New Zealand Ballet production of The Sleeping Beauty on Saturday 21 November, 1.30pm at the Isaac Theatre Royal.
Entries will become property of the Christchurch City Libraries. Alternatively, if you would like your entry returned, please note this on your entry form, or email us at email@example.com and we will sort out pick up details following the close of the competition.
- Read a version of The Sleeping Beauty
- Listen to Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty (includes streaming music)
- Books about floral arrangement
- Books about making paper flowers
- Books about paper craft for kids
Extra way to win
Answer the following question (as seen on Sleeping Beauty bookmarks at the Library) for a chance to win a double pass to The Sleeping Beauty on Friday 20 November.
When she is awoken by the Prince’s kiss, for how many years has Aurora been asleep?
Email your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org with RNZB COMPETITION in the subject header and be in with a chance of winning two premium seats to the show on Friday 20 November. Competition closes 30 October.
Sleeping Beauty Bookmark Competition Conditions of Entry
- Competition close 30 October 2020
- Email entries must be received by 5pm Friday 30 October 2020 to be eligible for entry. Winners will be announced on the Christchurch City Libraries Facebook page, and website. Prize allocation is at the discretion of the Christchurch City Council. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must have ‘RNZB Competition’ as subject line, and have the correct answer included to the question on the bookmark to be eligible for entry.
- Prize is two premium seats to the show on Friday 20 November 2020 at the Isaac Theatre Royal.